Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, November 26, 2012

All grown up...sure they are.

Hello again my lovelies!

Another week gone and the memory to go with it.

Friday was Sese's 20th birthday and it was a mellow event which would be surprising but it's Sese and she's mellow all the time. She never makes a big deal of stuff like that until a few years later when she'll say " hey, remember that birthday that sucked?" We caught her early this time though and she gets a do over. I don't remember 20 being a big birthday in general though.

19 - legal to go to the bar!
20 - meh
21 - legal to go to the bar across the border!

It was emotional for me besides the obvious reasons of my baby getting older, then memories from her being so tiny and me talking about how old I would be when she turned 20. Now that's happened... and wow time really does fly! It's hard to see her as a full fledged adult since I still see her as a little girl.

Only my 20 year old would consider a floating Tardis from her baby sister Bean as one of her fave gifts. I think that was a bonding moment until the next time they argue over who took/did/said what.

Saturday was the baby shower for T and with less than 2 months before baby Parker is due to arrive, his mommy was glowing the whole time. The nesting has definitely begun and she's excited about every bit of it. She's going to be a great mom.

Seeing the little babies that were there made me almost want another one...then, I smacked myself in the face and shook off that disturbing thought.

My girls are grown...

What was I thinking?

Freedom is just around the corner!

What am I going to do with myself?

But they were so cute!

That's ok though I'll steal T's baby boy and when I've had enough I'll give him back...maybe.

So it just a mini update this week as I work on the next few chapters of the novel. I'm not sure if it's taboo or not to maybe put a sneak peak of it here? That's something I'm wrestling with as I continuously second guess and rewrite things... all the time! That might be something I add on to my list of things to do in the new year.

Before that though next week begins my countdown to Christmas and the countless ways I can deter my children from trying to stuff the spirit into me for another year.

See ya!

S

No comments: