Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, March 6, 2017

A Sunday At Trev Deeley

Hi Guys!

Well it's been a little bit.

Last week was the end of RRSP season so there was not much time for anything besides trying to stay sane during the end of the season rush. And it's over now!



On Feb 26 though I went to Trev Deeley Motorcycles for the Red's Indoor Garage Sale and Swap Meet.

Our bike mechanic had 2 tables there so we helped him out for the day. At first it was a little nerve wracking as the ball got rolling, so many people, so many MC's and RC's and women riders. I almost feel like you could tell the women that ride on the back of bikes vs the women that ride their own and in that as well I've found that not only am I becoming a Motorcycle enthusiast I have been actively seeking women riders here where there are few that make themselves known.

I'm gearing up to not only insure my own Harley but continue to build my BSA so the Swap Meet was a chance to meet people that can help me with that. I saw some faces I knew and some I had seen before and couldn't remember without prompting but we were well met once again. It was strange being on the other side of the table though.

Choo took me for a walk around the dealership we ran into the AIM ( Association for Injured Motorcyclists ) lady who is at every function where we bought 50/50 tickets and didn't win but hey it's a good cause.

He took me into the showroom where I could see bikes that I would never own...at least not currently maybe I can get a 2017 in 2027 but wow were they gorgeous. While we cruised through Choo ran into someone he hasn't seen since before we got together so we're talking 24 - 25 years checking out a new bike. We went up into the Motorcycle Museum and looked at some amazing bikes including the bikes from the movie Easyrider. I was so excited for that and the photos up top on my page.

After the tour we went back to the table and I watched the guys chat and haggle with all sorts. When the time was up we stripped down the table and packed up. I'm thinking next year I'm going to have to help with the organizational parts because he needs that! We loaded the rest of the gear into our truck and I heard someone call my name. When I turned around it was someone I hadn't seen in many years. She was one of my best friends in Jr. High and she was standing in front of me more beautiful than ever and actually asked me if I knew who she was.

OF COURSE I DID!

She said that she had been watching me from afar all day not sure if it was me, so after hugs and giggles she told me that she had just bought a new bike that day and what a sexy bike it is. Very fitting for her and for as much as I love her I kind of hate her a lil bit right now but she has motivated me. Her sheer excitement made me smile. We are complete opposites who went in separate ways so drastically that I'm truly surprised we found each other again on this level. She even had boys to my having girls! We weren't in contact, not even on Facebook and not only does she ride but her youngest sister does too.

She started riding last year like me but she has definitely had more solid road time that I have. That will change this season especially because we want to ride together at some point too. So in that respect she has motivated me to up my game. At first I felt like I was competing with her in my head but then I realized that we're too different for that and it was motivation not competition and whatever motivation I have to get this journey on it's way...I will embrace. I am currently also a member of a women's riding group called Wind Sisters since the beginning of January so my search for women riders is a constant an I'm hoping to ride with each and every one I find here so I will tell you more about them in another post.

This is going to be an interesting season, can't wait to get it started.

See Ya!
S


No comments: