Search This Blog

Translate

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

More Than I Expected...

Hello Lovelies,

It's a short one today but here none the less.

I hope your holidays were everything you wanted them to be and if not then I hope it's better the next time around.

The city is light today lacking bodies and traffic so it's eerily quiet. The office is cold because the building shuts off the heat during the weekends and holidays but we have a heater on to toast things up in here. Seeing as I was almost 45 mins early for work today it's nice and quiet for me to get this out in time for you to wake up or in some places you're just getting home and settling in for the evening.

Christmas was more than I expected this year, even though I was an adult ( for most of it ) I almost felt the child I used to be way...way back when. Not for the excitement of the gifts but for feeling complete in family. I saw some that I hadn't seen or heard from in many years. There was the one that practically had to be dragged out of bed and nagged until he showed up ( but that's a normal thing ), a wayward pup back home for a few days so much more that filled me with reinforcement of appreciation for the people in my life.

That and the fact that almost every gift I gave made them happy! I mean visibly happy and ripping them open with smiles, hugs and exclamations of sheer joy. Except for ass dragger who waited until I left the room to open them so I never got to even see a reaction...jerk.

Way to take away a girls sense of accomplishment.

A bonus..I wasn't hung over this year so all food consuming and cooking went off without the need to throw up and that was outstanding! It's over though all that time and energy and STRESS and it's over for one more year.

Thank goodness.

So we all know how much I love New Years even if I'm on my couch watching cheesy 80's videos or bad B rated movies but my only resolution this new year is to get my shit together and make next year better than the last one. My year wasn't bad, I did things, I changed things and I rolled with it all.

Next year...is wide open.


Have a great week guys.

Happy New Year!

See Ya
S



No comments: