Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, September 21, 2015

Motivation Was Mine Until Today.

Good Monday Morning!

    Well we can pretend it's good...so far!  I was really hard to wake up this morning I have to say. The getting out of bed part was decent and of the I'm up! I'm up! variety but the commute was almost tragic to my sleepy brain but I made it and stayed awake...er....might have dozed but no drooling because that would be awful and probably one of the main reasons I don't nap while commuting. the day is brighter now though 2 coffee's in.

How was your weekend?

Mine consisted of the movies with Bean, Allan and BU to see Ant-Man and I have to say that it wasn't bad! I had my doubts but it turned out be pretty comical. The only thing that creeped me out was all the ants as...um...cute ( I can't believe I just said that ) as some of them were I still have trouble looking at all of them and in 3D no less. In the ongoing ant battle we have every year not only did the movie make me feel bad for killing the little bastards it reminded me that I can handle any insect except when they are in large numbers or in the case of one ant from the movie, just large period. Now the 4 of us have a spoken rule when it comes to comic book movies and that's that we go together and this time we dressed for it regardless of whether it was a Marvel or DC movie. Me and my Batman shirt, BU with her Superman, Bean went with Deadpool and Allan with Daredevil.

Yes we like our comic book characters.



Yesterday it was the beginning of my Wall of Souls Halloween project and I wish I had special powers to speed things up but I'm going to have to take my time with this one because of the varying components and I'm hoping that it will be finished and on display in the house by Oct 1 along with all of the other decorations. Now Bean pointed out to me that lately, each year I seem to leave up one decoration and she seems to be right. A witches hat behind the TV, a spider that was hanging on a glass ball from the ceiling, a grim reaper outside the front door, there was a ghost somewhere too and of course Pirate Pete the dead pirate wall art decal that I absolutely love who welcomes anyone that comes in with his skeletal frame and toothy smile. I'm figuring that the WOS might be a permanent  addition to my defiance of Winter and X-mas by leaving up something of Halloween. Now we wanted to go simple ( and cheap ) so out popped a bag of flour and water and the makings for paper mache, strips of newspaper, a couple of skulls to start off with and my girl Buffy the rat who watched with excitement from her cage. Bean is on the sign making trail with her Bewares and hopefully a headstone or 10.

This is what watching shows like Face Off, Heroes of Cosplay and Hot Set do to a person. Eventually though I want to make stuff like this...



While I was letting the goopy strips of paper dry I caught part of the Streamy Awards and that was a first for me.

I had heard of them but never actually watched them so while I watched the show being hosted by Grace Helbig and Tyler Oakley as I ate a bag of White Cheddar popcorn, I realized that I know very little about that streaming world. I mean sure I watch My Drunk Kitchen and Good Mythical Morning, Beth in Show, Jenna Marbles, Prank vs Prank and IISuperwomanII and even iJustine once in a while but HOLY CRAP we're talking way beyond anything my limited brain would comprehend showing me yet again just how big and yet small our world really is.

I even got some gaming time in as well as writing time. I was just a little Tasmanian Devil of time management and seeing as he was and still is my fav Looney Tunes Character I'll go with that.

Oh and they are bringing the Muppets back???? To Prime time too???? It's like parts of my childhood usually left forgotten have been given new life. I don't even think my kids grew up with the Muppets...nope thinking back there was no Muppet Show for them. So that's where I'm at right now or was at.

I'm off to start this week guys! Stay creative, all tips are welcome and encouraged!

 Have a great week!

See Ya!
S

No comments: