Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, November 3, 2014

Fire In The Sky for Halloween

Hi Lovelies!

Did you have a good Halloween? I did even though it was harder than usual to get into the spirit of things it was a good night.

Besides Bean being the spirit of the party, she put a majority of the food together and decorations...she went a tad crazy but I loved it all. except that to stick it to me she dressed herself as Mrs. Clause and the next day made me watch a Christmas movie...already...ugh...

Before I continue though I have to mention a conversation I had with one of our party goers though because it cracks me up every time I think about it.

I went into the shop at the back of the house to ask Choo something...(I don't remember what) and he was in there talking to one of our regulars Jer. Now Jer was a wee bit intoxicated before he showed up our house so imagine a slightly swaying man in an over-sized jacket.

As I'm talking to Choo this happens...

Jer - Hey Steph...want a smoke. (creepy, soft spoken, pusher smooth here)
Me - Ahh no thanks I'm good! (eyes shift to Choo)
Jer - (leans in closer not breaking eye contact) No really...want a smoke I have smokes...
Me - (slowly backing away) Um...nope I'm ok but thanks!

He reaches in his pocket and pulls out a brand of cigarettes I've never see before and hands them to me...still not breaking eye contact.

Jer - I've got you covered. If you need smokes I can get you smokes ( still giving off pusher vibes )
Me - (I take them and look) Oh is this a new brand?
Jer -  ( no change of tone still creepy pusher smooth ) No...
Me - (looks at Choo, looks at Jer, looks at Choo again, shrugs looks back at Jer ) Um...ok?

A bit of a staring contest...

Jer - (finally after what seemed like forever) They're Native smokes...

Here I realize that it makes complete sense that I wouldn't have known them...mind you I wouldn't have smoked them...I'm trying to quit and those would have destroyed me.

Me - Oh! So you got them off the Res?

At that point Jer snapped out of what whatever weird haze he was in, looked at me with this shocked I should have know better, eyebrow raised expression and says...

"No! I get them in the park where I buy everything!"

I almost died laughing right there.

After a while I strolled into the kitchen and Choo was out back telling me to come quick and what I saw from that same Reservation we had been talking about was the biggest, brightest firework exploding and lighting up the sky. We collected everyone outside on the back porch to watch 20 mins of entertainment that almost felt like it was for us. We've lived in that house for over 4 years and never seen anything like that.

They put on a show that's for sure! Many OOOOO's and AHHHHH's from all of us made it one of the coolest things. Thank goodness it was a dry Halloween!

There will be pics to follow here and on Instagram soon so check back.

Oh! one final thing I HAVE to mention...I like cider...I like Growers and always like to try any new flavours. I picked up the newest one Bing Cherry...yum right? It smelled awesome and it tasted good...until I swallowed it....then you know what it tastes like???...

Cough medicine...that's it... cough medicine...it was gross....kind of like Robitussin or Cherry Nyquil... more so the Robitussin.

Here's a smile for your Monday!
That kills me!

Have a great week!
See Ya
S

No comments: