Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, November 17, 2014

The Season That Shall Not Be Named.

Happy Monday!

How happy is it really? That depends...is there coffee? If so then it's a good Monday.

I have to talk briefly about The Walking Dead! OMG! WTF! I can't believe that happened! Ok I'm done, no spoilers here.

I have taken to a new show though called Peaky Blinders now you guys in the UK only seem to have 6 episodes series' and with some shows it's just NOT ENOUGH! Cillian Murphy has always been a fave of mine but I absolutely love him in this. The show starts off just outside of London in 1919 and as I had a love for Boardwalk Empire it seems that period gangster shows also have my attention as much as Bikers, Zombies, Freaks and Starks. I'm always looking for the ones that are a rare find though like Penny Dreadful.

Ok Enough of that!

So as the season that shall not be named ( but will anyway below ) comes closer and horrifyingly closer it looks like it's time to start checking out the things that explode into being at this time of year. So that brings us to season of holiday lights, creative food and craft ideas and of course the Awful Gifts!

Bean has decorated our basement into a full Santa and Elf haven and you know it was a complete success because Blondunicorn cried at the site of her Angel on the top of the tree. There is glitter everywhere, in everything as Bean loves to make her own decorations and when any of the cats come upstairs they're all sparkly so, thanks to her homemade craftiness that is running rampant in the house it makes me want to do things like this...

12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS AT LEIGH SQUARE NOV 29 – DEC 12
On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me…a schedule of events for 12 Days of Christmas at Leigh Square! Leigh Square Community Arts Village celebrates the holiday season
with a series of holiday inspired art workshops including wreath making, card making, handmade gifts anyone can make, and holiday crafts for kids. Share in the yuletide festivities
throughout the City and at Leigh Square with a choir performance, bring your family for a unique holiday movie experience and enjoy the holiday spirit in your community.
Please visit: www.portcoquitlam.ca/leighsquare or contact us at 604.927.8400.

and 

Name: Port Coquitlam Christmas Festival 2014
Date: November 29, 2014
Event Description:
The Port Coquitlam Christmas Festival includes dozens of holiday themed events put on by PoCo Heritage and their partners. The Festival kicks off with Christmas at Leigh Square on November 29th and wraps up with an awards party for the Christmas Tree Decorating Contest on January 3rd. In between, there are dozens of events including holiday craft making, entertainment, teas, music and choirs, socials, movies and Christmas tree tours.

Learn more at www.pocochristmasfestival.ca





So with all of that said I'm going to support local to start and give the season a shot as long as my own elves don't try and force the holiday cheer down my throat then maybe I'll try to find my holiday spirit and leave the bah humbugs behind.

Try...maybe...

Have a great week!

See Ya
S



No comments: