Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, November 10, 2014

A Year Later...Can It Better?

Hi Lovelies!

Here we are almost halfway through November and with only 7 weeks left of the year it feels like things have moved incredibly fast for 2014.

I felt reflective...

This time last year I was unemployed, EI penalized me 11 weeks and everything was pretty much falling apart. If the duct tape I call my family wasn't there helping hold things together, I might have had to commit to the padded room or have been living down by the river but thanks to all of them that pulled together and helped get us through that this year is very different...not by much in some cases but much better than last November.

By December 2013 I had a new job and a new heart rate...a slower one as I began to calm down. The job is good, had it's ups and downs and yet still in a field and industry I didn't want to be in any longer so here's my dilemma...

1) Do I continue to plug along everyday doing the best work I can and continue to build this as my career?

2) Do I hang out for a while longer while I  pursue other things as well to get into my field of choice?

3) Do I build something brand new for myself and put my passion and effort into making that work?

4) Win the lottery? ( If only! Whistler here I come )


You guys know I don't like to talk about the bad things and I'm not really, we're still here fighting through everyday and of course I know what the sensible choice should be. How do you know when the best time is to move forward? How do you do it without screwing everything else up that you've built? How do you know it's not too late to build something that can represent what you love? I have so many things that I love and if I could put them all into one place that would be awesome!

So a year later...can it be better? Ummm it better be! By this time next year there is going to be something new and exciting and hopefully all consuming!

You guys will be there every step of the way with me.

With that said I love you all and hope that this doesn't seem depressing because it's not supposed to be! Things are looking up so this was my semi sad rant for the next 6 months...I hope anyway!

Side note and completely unrelated...being Movember and all seeing men all over growing their staches, I thought after watching Tombstone yesterday,  best...mustache....movie...EVER! All shapes and sizes in there, almost every character had one.

Sam Elliot's is still my favourite though.

Ugh... Christmas is coming...sooner rather than later. Bean has already started decorating the house and making her decorations by hand and glue gun. We finally have frost outside and getting out of bed is so much harder now but at least for this week there's no rain and that is a really good thing for us!

OK guys I hope you have a good week!

See Ya
S

No comments: