Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, October 26, 2015

Heart-wrenching and Heart Warming

Happy Monday!

Who am I kidding? I just can't get it together today but it is Monday so I'll conveniently blame that.

Warning...if you watch The Walking Dead and have not seen last night's episode there are spoilers below.

If you don't watch it...what is wrong with you!

Tough thing the Heart.

It takes so much abuse and is still the thing we have to contend with the most unless you have no conscience. Let's start with Heart-wrenching.

Well after having me scream at my TV last night while watching The Walking Dead I had to sit back down and say hmm... and then get told by Sese and Allan that read the comic books at 2 separate times that this had to happen. I don't know how many of you watch the show and have from the beginning but it is one of the most emotionally intense shows pretty much ever. I know there have been others but very few have that fully engaging aura that in a lot of cases makes you feel like you are actually there with them. I thought that when Hershel died it was tough and even Lori because it was such a sad sequence of events, Beth...ruined me too but Glenn... completely devastated me and felt so senseless at the same time! Nicholas really just finally succeeded in killing Glenn  (maybe) by snapping and turning a gun on himself just to have his dead weight body fall on Glenn and tip him over the edge and even though in my heart of hearts I am still hoping that those intestines were not Glenn's being consumed... he would not have made it out of that horde.

As The Talking Dead pointed out something I would not have noticed until I re-watched all of the seasons was when Glenn was telling Rick his plan he called him "Dumbass" which was what he called him the first time he spoke to him in Season 1 when Rick was trapped in the tank.

Full circle? I hope not but none the less it could be.

I do have to say I'm glad it wasn't comic book Glen's death because I might have broken something. Now Glen wasn't the only thing about the episode that had me on the edge of my seat. Rick running for the RV and what happened in the RV was crazy and you could see crazy on Rick's face. Is it time for his hand? Is it? We'll see after he makes it out of the horde he's surrounded by because after Glen...Rick will make it. Now with that being said we have no concrete evidence that Glenn is dead and every part of me hopes he can miraculously make it out and back t a waiting Maggie who has had her father and her sister taken from her. Hmm...both of them were taken from her by people not Walkers when you think about it.

 Can I say that I feel like Darryl is underused right now and at what point did Morgan break off from them and go back to Alexandria during the Wolves attack? Next weeks episode is 90 mins and we'll finally get to see what Morgan has been through.

I can only hope to be able to write things as powerful as some of the things I have seen in the past and  now. That is a goal I strive to someday achieve.

Heart Warming time!

Ok so besides the shock of the week this past Sat we had Parker help out for his first Pumpkin Carving session or more for him his pumpkin colouring session. After I made sure his father stripped him down out of his brand new Spiderman PJ's, Peanut took a seat at the big table in the kitchen and eyed the 5 pumpkins in front of his big brown eyes he picked his pumpkin out and while Craig started the process of carving his pumpkin for him, P choose to colour mine instead and that was ok he's 2 1/2 so his way works and also funny as he tried to eat pumpkin guts and then put them back into my pumpkin while we were trying to get them out. Bean and Allan worked meticulously on theirs and Bean's turned out to be the most vicious looking one out of all of them. He was gross and sticky and it was awesome! Blondunicron held the speed record for carving as she was in, out and done in no time at all. So fun I was pleasantly tired afterwards!

Photo courtesy of Blondunicorn 


Since mine was covered in Crayon it was carved later and placed with the rest but the gang did a good job!

 I swear I'm going to get my costume post out before Halloween!

Have a great week!

See Ya
S

No comments: