Search This Blog

Translate

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

If Only They Had Common Sense

Hello Lovelies!

How was your week? I hope you got everything you wanted done...or not, whatever happened I hope it wasn't bad. You know what I realized on this STUPID hot long weekend?

1) It was BC Day ( I knew that though )
2) In BC we do nothing to actually celebrate BC Day itself.
3) My neighbours need a hose shoved somewhere else that's a waste

Sure there were plenty of things to do over the weekend besides lobster bake yourself or sweat out half your body weight just breathing.There were events all over but nothing I saw that was relative to the day itself. Now I could be wrong because I did lightly skim over the events pages but if it didn't say BC Day Celebrations then I moved on. The long weekend is a good reason to take off for camping sites unknown though and the extra day off just goes without saying. You know what I saw on my extra day off?

Remember the Rehab neighbours that water their fence? well yesterday it was the roof that got watered. Now part of me understands the logic. Water the roof, you might be cooler. If things weren't they way they are here right now then I wouldn't even care what they were doing to be cool. I mean my dogs smell so bad we won't even touch them and I won't give them a bath just to do my part in the not waste water thing we have going on. Hmmm...I wonder if dry shampoo would work? I could take them to the river and let them swim it off but with too many other people and dogs my 3 would just turn into maniacs. Smokey would try to hump other dogs even though he's fixed. All those people would just terrify California and she'd be all teeth and Whiskey well he's 14, tiny and likely to get carried away by the current and it wouldn't be the first time.

Where was I?... Oh ya watering the roof guy, now we can report them. In hopes that they would listen eventually to what we've been saying to them every time they do something stupid like that we have not reported them and "I'm not a reporting" type of girl don't get me wrong I won't hesitate in other situations but I'm more of a teach em a lesson type of person especially since the man who owns the house has rented it to them with good intentions as he fights Cancer. There have been thoughts of filming the experience and posting it on various social media sites which is a possibility that I have no control over.

Why does the water usage bother me so much besides the obvious common sense reasons?  When a large company that produces bottled water makes a comment that every house should have a water meter to measure our usage and we should be charged for that usage it makes you think, especially when home owners already pay for water on their property and no I don't know the specifics I just remember my mother having to pay water and sewerage every year and taking in stride how it would go up every year. As well Bean put it best that 2 months out of the year is the only time we have issues with a lack of rain or water. The other 10 months are between damp and monsoon so maybe the neighbour needs their hose to go missing or not be usable.

My own landlord asked me to mow my lawn...my lawn is hay at this point it's yellow and flat with the odd defiant weed growing so I'm thinking that a pair of scissors should do it and getting heatstroke to make it look pretty was just not in the cards.

Ok enough bitchery! Writing goes well and I have gotten alot of insight from other authors with the realization that I'm not the only one who has problems with keeping it together. This weekend was a right off just because of the heat so being at the computer was not something that transpired but I did hand write so that was something. In the meantime I'm going to just keep going and take it one day at time until it's like breathing.

I found a new band Thirteen's Sirens, it reminds me of my metal head days oh the memories! Check them out they are looking for feedback 

Have a great week!

See Ya
S

No comments: