Search This Blog

Translate

Thursday, July 2, 2015

Just Because It's Awesome.

Hello Lovelies!

 I'm back from Vacation...sort of. I did have to come back to work for a day so that my co-worker could attend her daughters graduation...that she forgot about and asked at the last minute if I could come in, then it turned out that she had graduated the day before so she spent the day off taking her girl to get properly done up for her dinner dance. At least it was a Friday so I got to go into work in jeans.

I didn't do too much because it's been stupid hot and since they knocked the houses down behind us the heat is baking the yard. With the water restrictions being a bit heavier this year our back yard looks like a field of wheat that's been flattened like a crop circle. The nights are even worse though and sleeping solidly seems to be almost non existent and attempting to sleep in was not an option. The nights heat up it seems and if I was ok with bugs I'd just sleep out on the back porch because by 7pm outside is much cooler than inside. Unfortunately have you seen the shit that flies around at night besides the Bats? We have new, weird and strange bugs that like nighttime, our Hazelnut tree and that gives me the heebie jeebies.

So yesterday was Canada Day and we did our annual BBQ trying to keep it simple because of the heat but as every year we soak fruit in booze, put out the skewers and go for broke... after the meal of salads, burgers and hot dogs. This year it was Mango Splash Malibu that we doused our fruit salad with and it was pretty amazing! The usual suspects were there but we were missing a few that would normally be there but it was a good day! Unless you're Blondunicorn who decided we should have Mimosas but had never opened a Champagne bottle before and while my eyes were elsewhere she opened the bottle...straight up, not away from herself and got a cork in the lip...hard, splitting it and I wish I saw what she was doing so I could have warned her but you know what?

She'll never do that again now will she?

A few things about eating your alcohol is...



1) It's delicious
2) No hangover ( thank god )
3) The buzz is completely different
4) The socializing that happens as people enjoy it! It's brings us together as we discuss why the watermelon no matter what is always the fruit where the booze tastes the strongest.

Bean went all out with decorations, everything from $100 bill napkins to Canadian flag toothpicks, plates, tablecloth and a red and white packed with glitter top hat that had glitter EVERYWHERE and on everything. She loves her holidays that's for sure. There were firework restrictions too yesterday because it's been so dry but we could see a few rebels lighting them off from the back porch after the kids left to hunt down some they could watch traditionally.

All in all it was a good day, screaming hot but a good day! All we need is one day of rain...just one...full on downpour where I don't have to feel like the only relief would be stripping down naked and covering myself in an ice bath is my only recourse and yet I have to sleep with the covers on!

Ok guys, Have a great rest of the week!

Happy 4th coming for my US friends and family! I hope your day is as good as ours was!

See Ya
S


No comments: