Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, July 13, 2015

A Writer Refreshed And Renewed?

Happy Monday!

OK I can't even be fake happy about Monday but with coffee in hand and after a weekend of grey skies and weird rain patterns it looks like everyone can breathe again...barely but a deep breath was had anyway! The raccoon is back and has the balls to actually enter the house now repeatedly and my cats stay out of it's way which is just...great...

I had a 3 month check in review at work a couple of weeks ago and my office manager asked if there were any courses that I wanted to take to further my career, my answer right away was no, not that I would decline the chance to learn but we all know that my current job although it is my career at the moment is not what I want to do forever and it made me think... hard about where I'm at now.

In the past week I have reacquainted myself with my characters and have been more than motivated to continue CF.



Last week I tweeted that I fell in love with another authors characters, my own are outraged and demand attention. So I've been giving it, thinking about them, remembering them and treating them like the living breathing beasts that they once were and are again.

My problem is always that life constantly gets in the way and I've probably said it 100 times that I need to get back on the horse and I have. I make sure that at LEAST an hour of every day is dedicated to some angle of writing and utilizing the resources I've had in place but never really took advantage of. I'm even thinking about creating writing space which I don't have now.

With my lunch breaks at work are a perfect time for writing for an hour, it also means that anything I do at home is bonus time. From this new motivation came a new character I created and am very excited about.

 And then the daunting task of revising what was previously written and posted begun.

When I went over what I had written over a year or so ago I was mildly appalled! I definitely realized that you should not lose track of what your doing. Too many things fall away and end up missing and then things don't make sense. Way too many!

So after seeing that and being horrified, section by section things are being readjusted and re-written to rebuild that loss of continuity and balance. There were a lot of RE's in that sentence and this entire post actually. That's where I'm at though.

I get help and encouragement from the family and I have to say though that Bean is the one that tries to propel me forward the most when it comes to writing, finding things to help me concentrate, linking my to storyboarding you know telling me to enter contests stuff like that.

I gave Blondunicorn a CPW (Character Profile Worksheet) to create a character for me and I think that's going to be a kind of social experiment I'll probably ask some others to do as well. Just create a character, You have no control over what happens to the character however you create a small back story and hand it over. I'm excited to see where it could go. She's so excited about it and thorough that one I tell ya. Maybe she could write about how the experience went for her? I'll have to ask her or if she's reading this then I just did!

So if your interested let me know and I'll send you out the character sheets or I could just post them I guess eh? Hmm...

Now as I said I've fallen in love with another authors characters and between writing my own and reading hers my brain is full of words...all the time. I have to seriously force myself to put down J.R.Wards books and I'm reading them faster than anything else I read except The Stand which I read in 3 days and these are the same that way 2, maybe 3 days tops.

So if you see me posting writing quotes like this one..

or this one...



It's just me keeping my motivation up until the whole process is like breathing and I end up completely obsessed with it. That's my goal.

Have a great week!

See Ya
S.







No comments: