Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, April 8, 2013

I Promise I Won't Laugh is... not... me...

Back again I see!
Good stuff glad to see you!  

I received a strange text message last week from one of the boys simply saying " I got stabbed in the ass today at work. I just wanted to let you know that " Panic set in...for a second. As I asked questions like "How?", "Are you OK?" and "Did you go to the hospital and get stitches?" I got back...

"No, my boss hot glued it." HOT GLUE? I asked again to make sure he didn't really mean Crazy Glue and he reiterated that it was HOT GLUE. Who the hell puts hot glue in an open wound? Who would agree to have hot glue put on them? Have you touched hot glue? That would hurt like..well you know what it would hurt like. Is that toxic? He said he was up for a promotion and wanted to keep working. Yay good job! stabbed, glued and a renewed work ethic!

That's when the giggles started. Not because he was hurt but the image of him when the glue hit his skin. He said he was OK so full blown laughter took place. Have you ever laughed so hard that no sound comes out?

Yup that was me.

Sese came home from LA a day early last week and as happy as I was to have her home it sucked that she couldn't stay the extra day...( and get me jewelry made by Mexicans ) So because she flew in around 2pm I left work early to go to the airport. Thank god for the Canada Line to YVR it was an easy breezy transit trip to pick up my baby. When I dropped her off the airport was empty because it was so early, not this time though...PACKED! That's when my rage sets in, I want to find my kid and there's way too many people in between me and that objective. For the most part I was OK until 5 Min's before her plane landed Choo asked that we go to Tim Horton's...in the airport...with a HUGE line...oh...no.

By the time we made it to the till I was aggravated that I was going to miss Sese coming out mind you I have NO idea of how disembarking works. Anyway the whole time I'm in line I'm watching the ad for the NEW Vanilla Bean Latte. Yes I have a dairy allergy but I was willing to suffer for to try this. We finally get to the till and the cashier asks me what I want...

ME: Can I get a large Vanilla Bean Latte?
HER: A what?
ME: A Vanilla Bean Latte?
HER: Oh I don't think we sell those...
ME: Um...(points to the TV screen above her head)
HER: Oh...do you want an extra shot of chocolate mint?
ME: @_@ Chocolate what? No... Vanilla Bean Latte

So after going back and forth for a minute I decided to screw the Latte and just get my usual.

ME: Never mind the Latte I'll just get a large Double Double
HER: OK and an extra shot of Chocolate Mint?
ME: NO! NO CHOCOLATE MINT A DOUBLE DOUBLE.
HER: A double double, OK one sec...

We pay for our coffees and 2 cookies. Pick up my coffee then hurry to arrivals to wait for Sese. Open my coffee cup and damn it I smell chocolate mint. Choo backed up 3 steps when he saw the steam coming out of my ears.

All I wanted to do was walk back over there and loose my mind but then I saw oldest walking out from baggage with her little cow print luggage ( rolling luggage at that ) and the coffee fiasco went away.

If the distraction is good enough all the bad stuff goes away for a minute.

Anyway, Thank s for sticking with me for another week!

See Ya
S






No comments: