Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, March 25, 2013

Some Movies Should Never Be Made...

Well it's a short week  due to Easter weekend coming up so that makes me very happy except that Sese heads of to LA to see a friend on Sat.
She's travelling alone...on a plane for the first time...leaving me, the family and her new BF for a whole week. I'm trying not to project my fear of flying onto her but I keep asking questions like...

Me: Lauren's going to be at the airport right?
Sese: Yes mom she's picking me up.

Me: but, your sure she's going to be there?
Sese: Yes mom..

Me: And you'll be ok on the plane? Don't take a window seat! Don't look down!
Sese: MOM! I want the window seat, I want to look down!

Me: O_O oh...
Sese: smiles devilishly

Me: What if someone steals you?
Sese: No one is going to steal me!

Soon we'll get to attempt to navigate YVR and she has to be there at 6am??? Oh this will be wonderful seeing as I haven't step foot in that airport since I was 6. Great I'll be one of those moms that's sobbing at the window watching the plane take off.

 Neither of the girls have been that far away from home for that long so a little separation anxiety is kicking in, she's tough though and so am I. I'm trying to get her to stalk the cast of SOA for me but I don't think she'll do that for me. You know being creepy and all.

She better come back...what if she doesn't want to come back!

Breathe...

Sat night we attempted to have a movie Marathon. After posting on Facebook for ideas we decided to just go with stuff we hadn't seen and I got to explore NetFlix. We started off with a movie called

The Asylum- I don't even know who was in that movie! There were some people that looked familiar but we couldn't place where we had seen them. 2 of the 4 cell phones in the room have the IMDB app and yet we were too lazy to find out. The movie took place in a University where a certain building that they have remodelled was actually an asylum. How original! So a bunch of fresh new college students move into this co-ed dorm only to find a locked door with a secutiry code...oooooo.

So of course the smart guy who cracked the code tells them they have to open the door! In turn they let out the insane crazy ghost doctor that they had investigated just moments prior to cracking the code. The thing that gets me is that out of everyone that is supposedly staying in the dorm that we see in the beginning of the movie, you only see 7 people throughout the whole rest of the movie...even outside. I do have to say though that the dumb abrasive guy was very entertaining and I was sad when he...ummm...I don't even remember what happened to him.

Impostor- I'm sure that would have been a great movie if I got to see more than 10 mins of Gary Sinise before one of my fav people in life showed up from Redcliffe Alberta. He completely surprised us because we haven't seen him in about 14-15 years! With that the Marathon was over.

I did try to watch a movie called Space Milkshake the next morning though...strange, strange movie with Kristin Kreuk, Amanda Tapping, Billy Boyd and Robin Dunne. Seeing as they all had a hand in producing the movie it made sense that it was really strange and I'll never look at rubber duckies the same way again.

So this was unusually long this week, I got it all out though!

I think... oh wait...

Jessie! You didn't bitch enough...

See ya!
S

No comments: