Search This Blog

Translate

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Somewhere to Start

Being new to this makes some things a bit confusing for me but with the wisdom of my family and friends it helps make things easier.

I've always wanted to be a writer novels mostly but as I've grown my tastes have changed and I would love to write a screenplay. As tough as I found it to be I already have a novel started that plays out on my head as a TV series. I've gotten some advice from different sources and they all say the same thing. " If you want to write a script for TV then you have to watch alot of it and love to watch. " Well I definitely have that.

I love TV! I find that it always gives you something to talk about different shows for different people and if the show is really good then everyone you talk to will know exactly what you're talking about. Stangers on my train home one night, me and my friend were talking about the Bachelorette and the 2 women next to us jumped right in. Now I'm not a big fan of those reality shows but I will check them out sometimes usually the first eposide and the last...sometimes.

So now with one daughter that will be going to school for TV and Film in the fall of 2011 and another who has decided she wants to Act in life as well as be a top chef you can see where a lot of our conversations  end up and alot of our nights are full of analizing not only the shows we watch but how the shots are taken adn the scripts are written so why not give it a shot I mean really what's the worst than can happen? Some time and energy spent and an experience gained.

There's nothing wrong with that!

So Se and I have decided to have a little fun and write up a bit of a premiere review for some of the shows we've been checking out as well as returning shows that we love and they will be put up on Sunday nights for giggles so feel free to help me express myself and we'll see how it goes.

No comments: