Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Post Virus Episode and Popcorny Jellyfish

I realized yesterday that I hadn't blogged this week and mostly that is due to me being sick and sitting in an upright position would have been detrimental to my health in the way where I probably would have gotten lightheaded, passed out and then would have suffered from a concussion. My dull, foggy, pressure filled head could not have taken that kind of trauma. I don't know what this was/is but it's awful.

I always find it weird how if more than one person in your household gets sick, everyone seems to get a different part of it. Sese was near death apparently her reaction to how are you feeling was a constant "I feel like butt." for over a week but where she had body aches and a constant headache nothing Advil was helping me and Lo had it differently. For me it was all head, Sinus pressure runny and stuffy nose a nasal cavity nightmare. My ears didn't pop for days and I couldn't even stand up for longer than a few minutes at a time and even then I would be so drained of energy that every single thing even thoughts were an effort. 

Lo on the other hand had pretty much the same symptoms but she was achy all over. and there are still 4 more people at home that could possibly get sick we'll see what happens. 

I'm on day 5 of this now and feel better. Well the rest of me does my sinus's aren't quite on board yet but they'll have to get with the program. I made it in to work and before I left home I told myself that I would take it slow and walk leisurely so I didn't run myself down too quick but apparently my legs didn't get the memo and as much as I tried to slow down...with music in my ears my legs move with the stride they are accustomed to. by the time I got to the station my head was spinning so much I almost thought about going back home.

Of course not though because I was at the station and knew I'd be sitting down in a matter of minutes and then the train was maybe...3 minutes late and it felt like forever but wait!...That's not the best part!!

The course of Escalators and Stairs were next and I hated every single second of it.Every. Single. Second. You know because there's like 8 FLIGHTS of them by the time I get to the office.  

So to reward myself for not dying of exhaustion, I went to get my morning coffee but you know what? Everything still tastes like dirt so that was less than satisfying and I stuck with it because regardless of how it tasted my body and brain were not going to function without the proper dose of caffeine. 

Lunch came and I was so hungry I ordered a Wonton Soup from the Sushi place in my building and when I got it...there were popcorny tempura like things in my soup. I tried to pull the soggy weird little things out and they just refused and slid back in like Jellyfish. Once I made that connection in my brain it was all over and ws really not appetizing at all, so needless to say I went back downstairs and got my usual a Dynamite Roll and a Deep Fried California Roll.

Now as the day goes on and the sun is shining in my window, I'm glad that this happened during the crappy weather part of the week with windstorms, downpours and threats of losing power yet again a possibility and am praying to whoever is listening that the sunshine will knock out the rest of this awful feeling since it will be here for a few days. Soak up the Vitamin D people.

Anyway so much to catch up on.

Have a great week!

See Ya
S

No comments: