Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, November 16, 2015

Friday the 13th Shenanigans

Good Morning Lovelies,

So today's post is an account of my Friday 13th.

I don't usually associate the day with bad luck but I did this time.
You guys on my Facebook got part of the story about my nightmare Friday and now you can all get the whole story.

Now lucky for me Friday the 13th I had off. On Thursday night seeing as I didn't have to work the next day I stayed up to wait for Blondunicorn to get home. She works dumb afternoon hours all the time so I don't really see her much hence the me staying up so that we can go for our typical after midnight 711 run.

We went out, chatted for a bit and around 1am I went to bed only to be woken up at 4am by Sese perched on my bed, on her knees staring at me.

Sese - Mom (Whispers)
Me - blink blink
Sese - Mom I think there's a mouse in my room.

Enter Choo who is up to go to work who is also confused as to why our 23 yr old is half in the fetal position on my bed.

Sese - I can hear rustling under the bed.

Cue me getting out of bed. on the way down to the basement I did do a quick check to make sure that Buffy my pet rat who constantly looks for a way out is still in her cage and she was. Now we're no strangers to rats but we have 3 cats that are killers when it comes to the rodents so we haven't had had to worry too much about live rats...inside...until now. At this point Sese had been up since 3 with Bast our Calico in her room stalking the rat but apparently bast got bored. We looked under the bed and didn't see anything until we pulled the bed away from the wall and there perched between the mattress and the wall, bracing itself was oh yes a rat. The funny thing was that it was directly above the cat but it wasn't until the rat dropped down and took off like a rocket that Bast became animated again.

I had no idea rats could flatten themselves like pancakes to fit under a door until I saw it as the little beast ran like it was on fire but bast followed and the chase was on...for about 6 feet when bast decided it was bath time. So we lost the critter and decided that traps were in order just as Choo came out of the laundry room with a look of utter disappointment on his face but he uttered the words we have all longed to hear.

Choo - The Laundry room is flooded ( not those words )
Me - FML
Choo - We are getting the fuck out of here. (Oh happy day!)

By now it's 4:30

I always say that Fall is BC's monsoon season and after the lake forming in that Laundry room, my point was proven. We put down towels down, Choo told me to keep an eye on it ( like I wouldn't ) and I tried to go back to bed...and tried....and tried. Finally I got up and made a pot of coffee, watched a weird movie called The Loft and set my brain on auto-pilot hoping to doze off.
Around 6 am I went back down to check the flooding and Allan was up.

Allan - Hey... the laundry room is flooding.
Me - That's why I'm here...now...at 6 am on my day off.

I checked it and Allan had put down some more towels so I  went back upstairs.
Fast forward...kids got up, we went shopping, figured out it was Friday the 13th, bathed the 3 dogs, I made Pulled Pork in the slow cooker, rain stopped and traps were laid down and I ordered a Lootcrate.

Well now I'm not even lifting my feet to walk anymore because I'm so tired but I couldn't sleep, couldn't form words and couldn't even eat when all was said and done but forced myself to and still didn't even get into bed until almost 11 pm and slept like the dead. That was funny because I fell asleep watching the first Evil Dead movie.

The next day all was right with the world I went to a b-day party for a little man turning 1 and on Sun went to a memorial for a matriarch that had passed away at 97. Two complete opposite ends of the spectrum.

The battle is on with the rat though, we haven't caught him yet, I actually think it's a her and that is not a good thing.

Today's soundtrack - Monday's Motivational

Someone asked me what I listen to in my soundtracks and next time I'll post a list somewhere. I listen to a lot of different kinds of music with the exception of Country and Classical. I never have a mood for either of those.

Ok guys have a great week!

See Ya
S

No comments: