Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, March 30, 2015

Zombies, Pirates and Smut OH My!



Hello Lovelies!

As the countdown begins to Fan Expo I start this week with excitement at our family excursion! As I'm sure we will meet and separate throughout the day I'm excited to hopefully meet the new mysterious boyfriend of my oldest daughter there and we're going to pop Blondunicorns Convention Cherry. All I do know for sure is that every Steampunk kiosk will be paid a visit from me!

Oh the Corsets, oh the Jackets, oh the gears and gadgetry!!!!!

Ok I will not Monopolize this post with Fan expo stuff because next Monday will be full of it.

So! How was your weekend? Full of excitement, intrigue or a Walking Dead Finale that had me SCREAMING at my TV! That was insane! I don't want to spoil it for those who PVR it but WHY DID YOU PVR IT!!? You need to watch that shit LIVE! With the masses! Then you have to painfully stay off of all Social Media for fear of getting spoiled!

There was so much going on at every given point from Kick Ass Carol all the way down to Rick the Dominator as I call him. Every time Glen comes anywhere near death I lose my mind and Daryl is always the person you want with you when you're surrounded by a large horde of  Walkers that want to eat your face and every other square inch of you. Um and Morgan...the sight of him had me standing on my couch, arms up cheering!

Ya I know...I get excited about things...I can't help it!

You know that feeling you get when you know there is a trap about to be sprung but it still scares the shit out of you when it happens? I'd say if that happens you are fully and completely engaged in what your watching.

If you did watch last night then you saw the trailer for the companion series Fear The Walking Dead which is a prequel to our beloved series but I love the fact that it's going on as the virus breaks. It kind of had that Dawn of the Dead feeling in the trailer and it hits this Summer which is good because it will bridge the gap until Se 6 of TWD.

I also watched the Finale of Black Sails and for those who haven't heard of it, it's all about Pirates and Nassau but mostly pirates...I love pirates well you know not the really bad ones just the ones on the show because well...you need to see these pirates, but they use real historical Pirates and I'm hoping in the case of Anne Bonny that they do introduce Mary Read because that would only make sense in the realm of female pirates and the association with Calico Jack.

Oh what else?

I accidentally started a smutty book series...yes... it was an accident.

You know how you finish a book series and you look for a new author? The search leads you to a couple of authors that have written with one you're familiar with so you decide "Hey! I'll check that out."? I love the Fantasy/Horror genre and didn't realize until I moved on to the second book in this particular series that it's classified as a romance novel...um...I don't know where the romance is but what they are doing most of the time is not so much romantic as it is being bunnies anywhere, anytime.

I have to say that these women are MACHINES! They don't sleep, barely have time to eat and all the while are being kidnapped and tortured repeatedly but not at the same time.
Long ago were the days of Harlequin Romances that as as a kid I thought they were too cheesy and not real enough.
Ya that's changed...A LOT more on THAT later.

Ok guys, have a great week!

See Ya
S.

No comments: