Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, January 12, 2015

And Yet Another Gong Show...

Hi Lovelies!

It's been a while since I've used or talked about the gong show that is usually the kids zone in my house. Even though I still call them kids they're all adults now and with adulthood comes things that should be you know adult...like.

On Friday night I went out to one of our local pubs to see one of the boys for his birthday oh 23 (still a puppy). Myself, Blondunicorn and Choo went lightheartedly into a den of sheer stupidity...yes I said stupidity. In which case made it highly entertaining! Let me say that I did not drink, my body is still pissed at me for Christmas Eve so it was a sober night.

I did have 1 shot for the B-day boy and that was where it stopped.

The Pub wasn't pack in fact there wasn't many people there but then again we didn't show up until 11:30 and the Gong show had already begun buy then. Drunken girls throwing themselves at people who didn't want them. Drunken boys that were mildly aggressive and and my happy girl Bean that just loved everyone. I have to mention the...umm... weird bearded guy who name I have no clue what it was that was very entertaining in that creepy, silent, stalker kind of way. Why was it entertaining? Because you knew he was a regular from his interactions with other people and still in that creepy, silent, stalker sort of way and no one was concerned with his presence.

I found myself looking back to when I was that age and cringing at the thought. I was usually the one taking care of my friends whether I was drunk or not...usually...but to watch it in front of me with another generation all brought back memories of boys and girls doing the exact same thing and I was so glad that part of my life is gone. Don't get me wrong I know it's a rite of passage and some grow up and others don't. I'm hoping a few of these ones do! What I don't understand is

BOYS: Why the aggression? You drunken tiny testosterone full fools. ( I think I answered my own question )

GIRLS: I don't even know where to begin...

Oh wait! The girl that would walk around and use one or two boys like a yo-yo's.
Come here, come here, come here. Go away, go away, go away.

I had a hard time not walking up and shaking that one just to tell her to have some self respect. It's funny the things that we did or saw in youth and learned from.

Essentially though I'm a people watcher, I had a good time for the short period of time I was there and the kids made me laugh, really hard in some cases then took my Bean home for her to sleep it off.

Look at that, I got out of the house on a Friday night!
Wonders never cease.

Have a great week guys!
See Ya
S

No comments: