Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, December 29, 2014

Farewell 2014...Good Riddance!

Ok I can't really say that...it was better that 2013 that's for sure. Slowly moving upward just too slow in some cases am I right?

How were your Holidays? Some of you I'm sure are still on holidays so in that case...you suck. Mine were unexpectedly painful simply because in this case...well... boys are dumb. I'm fine with a drink or two on Christmas Eve and do my baking and prep work for the Christmas Day while in between I'd watch The 100 for a girl at work so she has someone to talk about it with because no one she knows watches the show.

My plans were hijacked by a bottle of Appleton Estates ( give or take the other 2 bottles of I don't remember what ) a couple of shots glasses and the persistence of the boys that wanted to spread Christmas cheer through our home...and alcohol poisoning.

That on top of no food all day is the biggest mistake ever...I mean ever...no really...ever. The picture says it all.


There is a reason why people at my age don't drink like we're 20 anymore and it's because, WE'RE NOT 20 ANYMORE! Now as far as I can remember it was a fun time but the next day was not fun. Not fun at all and I will never drink like that again. Even though I was hungover as hell and almost didn't get the turkey in on time because the thought of it made my stomach roll, I did it and it all worked out really well. At least I wasn't the only one that had to deal with the pressures of a Christmas hangover. Bean had to nap all day on and off. Blondunicorn had to work from 3pm -11pm that day and was not looking forward to that at all but she made it.

Now the boys...lmao! I haven't seen one of them since that night and the other ( the whiner that started it all in the first place ) I was glad to hear that he barely survived the day too and has now said at his young age that he is done drinking for a while too!

My work is done...you have seen the errors of your ways, now stay away from me.

So besides it taking 2 days to recover everything was good and mellow while thoughts of the New Year ahead filled my brain. I love New Years Eve even if I'm at home watching retro videos with apple juice. This year though it's a game of Monopoly Empire where I'm going to prevent Blondunicorn from owning Coca-Cola while we ring in the new year all quiet and sober with only a glass at midnight and that is just fine with me.

I don't like Resolutions only because it's like as soon as it's out of your mouth it's destined to fail but it's safe to say that my only Resolution is to make the next year better and fabulous! All wrapped up with a nice little bow.

As my last post of 2014 I wish you all a Happy New Year be safe and all of that and I hope that everything you wish for comes true!

See Ya
S

No comments: