Search This Blog

Translate

Friday, October 11, 2013

In My Head? Oh I Don't Think So!

Hi Lovelies!

The posts are coming few and far between these days as I try to figure out the next phase of things. Still looking for a new job and that has been my main focus trying to keep the household together.

The inhabitants of the zoo have been at hand helping when they can and they keep me sane as the interviews and the "hurry up and wait" stuff is going on. The problem is spending too much time in my own head. Who wants to be there? It's like a roller coaster ride! I don't and I never realized how much time one has to think when there is nothing left to do in the day.

Have you ever had so much on your mind that it's like scrambled eggs in a blender, swirling around at top speed? Sure you have and I'm a firm believer in everything working out for the best in time. Question?... How to speed up THAT time? Short of a time machine there is just no way so you go back to what you know and the things you're familiar with and for me that's right here.

I do have to change the subject for a second though to something that disturbed me. I have a Tumblr account and it feeds my obsession with Steampunk and my various TV fixations. Now just like other social media you can follow other accounts. I didn't realize that I had followed a young girl that either had or still has an eating disorder. She says she doesn't promote the disorders but constantly posts pictures of awfully skinny girls stating she wants to be that thin again.

Protruding bones and skeleton like figures of young girls was showing up on my feed and it was awful. I have daughters and I would never want them to EVER feel like the needed to be that thin to be happy. I always used to say to Choo when they became hormonal, "Be careful what you say to them because they could develop an eating disorder" Seeing what I saw on this girls page made that memory surface.

To see that these girls would go so far to share other pics with each other and the global universe with notes LIKING this is beyond me and makes me sad. I couldn't stand to see it anymore and had to unfollow her for my own mental health. So when the scrambled thoughts hit my head I wondered what inside her head was like...and then promptly squashed it.

So that makes me feel like my head isn't as full of crap as I thought and sadly kind of made me feel better. I know right...

I really hope she can find her way to a better train of thought and realize that she doesn't NEED to look that way.

Anyway guys as I write this I am yet again trying to upload a video and although You Tube is telling me it will take 120 mins it will hopefully take less time! In the meantime it's catch up time!

See Ya!
S




No comments: