Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, February 18, 2013

Another Weekend Gone!

Hi Lovelies!

So the posts are sporadic right now because of work and the busy season but it's Sunday night and after watching The Walking Dead my emotions are in a whirlwind!

There are very few MUST SEE shows for me but The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones and Sons of Anarchy are the ones that I will lock all of the doors and literally starve my kids until they're over even though I try watching them in the earliest time slot possible.

The Walking Dead though is the one that has me screaming at my TV almost every episode! It consistently surprises me...except for Andrea who consistently disappoints me but she's still alive for some unknown reason. I'm hoping that her future choices will eventually be...well...smarter. I won't give any spoilers away for those of you that PVR it but there were a couple of OMG moments.

Sese laughs at me because she watches the show after I do but she'll know how good it is by how loud I scream or the extra swearing that comes along with a dramatic moment. When you are actually sitting on the edge of your seat you know it's good.

That's what I love about the 12-13 episode dramas, they have to pack so much stuff into such a short period of time that you're hooked the whole way through then saddened when it's over and have o wait a whole 9 months for them to come back.

That is sweet torture...

Besides that small 55 min escape from mundane life everything else has been like a train wreck...hmmm bad choice of words.

On Friday it took me about an extra hour and a half to get home from work because of a Heavy Police presence at the 2nd Narrows Bridge/Iron workers Memorial because someone got hit by a freight train. One thing I've realized from taking the West Coast Express is that more people than I thought get hit by trains...a whole lot more.

So as passengers they wouldn't tell us what happened we sat there patiently...well some of us did. I was kind of amazed at the reaction to the situation on the train. We can't go anywhere so why waste the energy getting mad about it. I had music and my book that's all I needed.

So by the time I got home it was much later than usual and my Friday was almost over, the glass of wine that I had said I was going to have forgotten and dinner already being made ( not by me ) was great. Not the wine part I was a bit upset that I missed that.

Anyway the weekend came and went with the sun shining and thoughts of spring humming through my brain as the temp gets warmer and the sun shines more with the urge to do yard work building more and more!

Well off I go on another week of hell with only 2 more weeks of RRSP season to go and hopefully a change of Departments to go with it! Fingers crossed.

See you soon!
S

No comments: