Search This Blog

Translate

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Feeling the changes.

   My favourite time of year is coming! I feel it in the weather change and my increased need for creative outlets. Fall is when it's time to settle down for comfort and coziness, I cook more, write more, create more artistic visions and most definitely eat more...

   As the skies get darker I seem to have more energy and feel like the new year starts for me in September instead of January. How do you get the to do list off your mind? Instead of spring cleaning I have Fall cleaning and the rearranging of my entire household, get the chimney swept and put on the fires. I can't wait! Why I'm more productive in this season I have no idea but I'm ok with it.

   I've been working on the my script and sometimes although I want to blog about it as much as possible I obviously don't want to give to much away but still want to chronicle the processes I've been going through and share what's been going on. So I'll try to be conscience of all of that while I keep you updated on the road I'm taking.

   Seeing that I have no formal training or experience but love to write we'll see how this goes. I think I started off kind of backwards. I've always loved to write stories and started to write a novel when I was younger but had my girls and all of that was put on the back burner. Through the years I've picked up the pen over and over writing short stories but never had the courage to turn anything in and see if I was actually good at it. Ok good at it according to professionals, I've heard very encouraging things from friends and family but they're friends and family so it's almost like they have to say it.I bounced around from novel writing to script writing and though there are vague similarities they are so drastically different. Plus instead of looking at Publishing Houses and the best seller list you're looking at Networks and award ceremonies.

   With this particular story that I'm trying to get out of my head started out as a dramatic novel but over and over in my head it played out almost like a movie but I kept seeing the season finale cliffhanger! That's when the research into writing a TV script came in and the more I wrote chapter by chapter the more I wanted to change it. I do find this process does have it's difficult moments but I'm up for the challenge of it and whether or not I can sell this as long as I'm confident with my work and my effort I'll be satisfied... ok that's a lie I'm going at this with every intention to succeed and if I don't this time then I'll have to keep trying and who am I kidding I could never just be satisfied! I can except the result to a point but don't think I'd be satisfied with it if it didn't go my way. I'd probably be pissed at myself but we'll see when the time comes, who knows... the devastation of rejection might stop me in my tracks.

   So as I'm learning to put the pieces together and keep them together, learning about effective storyboarding and shots the language in general I'll have to keep plugging on and plugging in to the resources available to me. My daughter introduced me to Scriptbuddy which is a program they used in school it's a free program but she figured it might help until I figured what would be the best for me to use. So far so good, I'm pretty sure I haven't used it to it's potential yet but I will. i still float between paper and computer. I have notes on everything from napkins to receipts and a memory stick for everything else. With Fall coming and my mind racing hopefully I can put everything together and come up with something amazing!


No comments: