Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, June 1, 2015

Monday And Motivated

Hello Lovelies!

It's a beautiful Monday morning and usually I'm pretty Oscar the Grouch on Monday's but today I feel pretty motivated. To do what exactly? Whatever comes along I'm ready to go!

How was the weekend? Anything interesting happen?

For me it was simple.

Friday after work I came home and watched the remnants of 2 houses across the street from me be completely removed and that was bitter sweet because the houses were vacant, one of them has been empty the whole 4 1/2 years we've lived in our current house. The second house has been vacant about a year unless you count the squatters that ripped out every usable thing in either house and then made it their home despite the boarded up windows, fences and police patrols. I guess one guy had something stashed in the chimney of house number 2 because he came back to get whatever it was and seemed utterly confused that the house was gone and decided that he would dig where the chimney was and see if he could find what he lost. They took those houses down fast within 3 days and next we know from experience the Pile Driver is coming next.

Blondunicorn sent me this as she watched everything fall. All of those lush trees are gone.



Our house is...old...I hope it stays standing through this.

I'm glad I wasn't home to see the old trees come down though, some of them were over 40 years old and provided a whole lot of the shade we had in our backyard. Summer is going to be brutal on the back deck this year. What I noticed though was how it messed up the wildlife that lived in the 2 yards. The squirrels and birds were completely screwed up, it was like squirrelmagedon in my backyard and I even watched one launch himself off of a stray cat that I'd never seen before and the cat seemed unfazed by this. Then the raccoon too now practically lives on my roof and coincidentally trapped me the other night so Allan had to save me because they are scared of...nothing!

Babysat the little man until he exhausted himself and passed out on the couch.

Sat was a trip running errands with Blondunicorn and my girls while we made people laugh with our car dancing. We've got to pass on the joy right or mild insanity whichever you prefer.

Then on to a mellow Sunday where the first BBQ of the season for us was had along with the first allergy attacks for me, Sese and Tasha.

With all of the beautiful weather we've had it's a shame that the next few days are full of rain but it's good that things can cool down a bit.

Back to the daily grind. Have a great week!

See Ya
S

No comments: