Search This Blog

Translate

Friday, September 28, 2012

Bring on the Netflix...eventually.

It’s Friday! So in an effort to be more present and just because I had something interesting (at least to me) happen I figured why not!
So last night I’m in the kitchen trying to make Lipton Sidekicks Broccoli and Cheese rice, which isn’t even rice anymore but vermicelli (drives me crazy). Sese was looking for something one her cell phone and found a new show she’d never heard of that’s a NETFLIX EXCLUSIVE show. Obviously she wants to see what the show is like but we don’t have Netflix and have never really considered it.

Sese: Mom we should get Netflix!
Me: (Stirring gingerly) uh huh
Sese: No really we should get it!
Me: (hmmm that looks like too much water) You need a credit card…
Sese: I have a credit card!
Me: (still trying to figure out how to not turn the crap to mush) Well there you go then!
Sese: Alright! Let’s do this!

She proceeds to turn on the PS3 and connect to install Netflix, however you’re supposed to do that and her excitement turns to something not so cheery when she realizes that she will need to update the PlayStation first.
I don’t know how many updates it had to do but all I heard for the next 10 minutes was “ Oh my god! “ , “ come on!” , and  “If you load again, I’m gonna be sooo mad!” The frustration is making her straight hair curly in my opinion but the worst thing was the big deep sighs and groans coming from her.

Patience my dear it’ll be over soon.
Shortly after that, the cheeriness returned as she subscribed and used her credit card to get the family some more TV viewing! Not that we need more but I guess it’s nice to have more variety. Expecting that her sister Bean would be excited about Netflix, Sese told her with more excitement than I’ve seen this week since she’s been fighting off a cold. Unfortunately Bean was not as enthusiastic as Sese hoped with barely a grunt about it. Obviously too concerned with raiding the fridge to make some weird concoction right before dinner.
So after all of that, Sese scrolled through the menu and promptly turned it off to watch regular TV and then go read a book.
WTF?
Remind me to never buy that rice again because cheese and broccoli covered vermicelli does not appeal to me at all. It did turn out fantastic though on the texture side!
 I didn’t burn any of it!!
S

No comments: