Search This Blog

Translate

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Sometimes I'm not quite with it...

I occurred to me last night that my last post was titled Weekend Wrap up. Apparently I said nothing about what I did on the weekend.


Friday after work we got off early at 2 and since the first WCE Train doesn't run until 3:50pm a few of us stopped at Malone's Bar and Grill where I tried, for the first time a Grapefruit Beer.

It was definitely interesting I'm not sure how to explain how that tastes? Not like a beer with Lime and not like one with Lemon kinda strange. Who puts grapefruit in beer? I know they have so many flavours these days and even weirder ones like pumpkin...



I think I just threw up a bit there.  I have figured out though, I am developing a taste for beer where I never had one before.

They say your palette changes every 7 years so maybe it's that time.

Saturday must have been sort of boring because I don't even remember what I did except run errands that never go away and it was mildly crappy out, not the summer we've been waiting for but slight on rain. No zoo like chaos like in  Catching up June 9 - 17or  First the Skunk now a Raccoon?


What I did do was prepare for the next day...Canada Day!

Sunday was food day Bean picked some new recipes for us to try and we had T and Craig here ( T moved out a couple of weeks ago because SURPRISE I'm going to be a step...TBA. T's having a baby but that's another story ) so we were about the food makin'!

Bean and I set about the food prep from about 1pm on for the rest of the day. Why does she always pick the " you think we're simple but, we're not " recipes? We had 2 kitchens in use and thank goodness for that because we made a mess. Then just when I think it's going to be a simple get together I find out that 7-8 more friends of the kids show up. Ok great at least we have enough food but do I need more? I lost my train of though when I saw 3 of the19-20yr old boys, men, or so I thought play a game like hacky sack but without the hacky sack. They called it the Shin Kicking Game.

HOLY CRAP! You're kidding!

They actually attempt to kick each other in the shins. At full force. I'm going to need a beer for this...

pause...

and I got one!

How entertaining was that? More entertaining than watching them try to hit or purple nurple each other for 20 mins. When all the fun was over they took off to watch the fireworks and for the first time in a long time the house was empty. So I set on picking out the phrase for my t-shirt er shirts.

I had to pick 2 because I have to because it sticks in my head and that one is,

Welcome to The Gong Show and the second is picked out of an e-mail sent to me,

Try It You Might Like It!

So simple yet so many different interpretations this one could have. Next week I should have both of them ready and a volunteer to ...as a friend said 'Strut' them!

That was my weekend.

S

No comments: